Friday, August 20, 2010

Correction

In my last post, "Jelly Beans and Excuses," I accidently left the word "not" out of the phrase "this dialogue did arise out of regrets." What I meant to say was "this dialogue did not arise out of regrets." I have since changed the error, and you can reread the last paragraph in its intended form. I am embarrassed by my lack of proofreading.

I tend to do a lot of embarrassing things. Last week I was on the underground, and as the train was beginning to pull away from the platform, I reached out to grab a pole to steady myself. My fingertips were inches away from grasping it when a sudden lurch caused me to fall backwards onto someone's luggage. It was not a graceful fall. It was the slow motion kind where it appeared, to me and probably everyone watching, that I had more than one opportunity to stop myself before collapsing on what was probably some guy's tennis raquet or picture frame. But, unfortunately for myself and the luggage, I didn't. And, to add more awkwardness to the situation, I asked two people whose bag I thought it was if I had broken anything, neither of whom turned out to be its actual owner.

I guess in comparison, a typo in a blog post isn't that big of a deal.

1 comment:

  1. A typo isn't a bad thing, it happens to everyone. A bad thing is when you don't _care_ about spelling or grammar. I kind of wish I had been there when this tube incident took place.

    ReplyDelete